Posted Mon, Jun 17
JOB TYPE: Part time
SALARY: $10.00-$12.00 per hour depending on experience
EXPERIENCE: 1 year restaurant
- Maintaining cook area which includes setup, breakdown, clean up, and making sure all items and foods are stocked for the next shift.
- Inspect food prep and serving areas to ensure safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Clean kitchen at end of work day and maintain a high level of cleanliness. This includes proper storage of foods, observing dates and using proper rotation practices of all foods, and discarding excess foods in accordance with safe food handling procedures.
- Keep refrigerators and storage areas organized, neat, and clean.
- Must maintain good working relationship with coworkers.
- Prepare food using a variety of kitchen equipment which includes: Grills, fryers, ovens, etc.
- Must have menu items well memorized and be able to prepare any item on the menu.
- Must follow all of The Mall Of Louisiana rules and guidelines.
- Previous restaurant experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of food preparation and Presentation.
- Use good communication skills.
- Maintain a professional, clean appearance.
ABOUT LAYLA’S BBQ AND LAGNIAPPE:
We are a new food serving kiosk in The Mall Of Louisiana but we started our company 4 years ago on a food truck serving lunches in refineries, working festivals, and doing food truck roundups. We've grown and expanded into the mall and we are excited for the opportunities that are ahead. There is room for growth within our company for motivated individuals who can handle a fast paced environment. We put a lot of labor into our food and expect our employees to properly prepare and present the finished product to the customer.